Minneapolis Online Video

Minneapolis Online Welcome Video

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Interdisciplinary Units In Social Studies

There are more than few projects happening with online social studies as the new year begins. Some are bigger than others, but I thought I would mention two of the projects I am excited about.


Above is a look at a  unit that I have been working on. It is a Moodle based research unit good for larger research projects like history day

1.) I had the idea of creating some interdisciplinary units on Moodle. Ultimately,  I would like to build a bank of units spanning across the social studies subjects. The goal is to establish a base of 3-4 units by the end of the school year and open it up to teachers across the district as a resource and a space for collaboration and sharing. I would love some ideas that people have on cool units!

2.) The second project that I am excited about is using IPADS. I have been long wanting to re-organize the online geography curriculum into a thematic structure. I was invited to join a very talented team of teachers (both geography and tech) to work on integrating the IPAD into the Geography curriculum! Work has just begun to so I will keep you updated on the cool new things that come out it.

No comments:

Post a Comment